The online seminar will provide legal practitioners with an update on the case law developed by the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) and by the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) with relevance for privacy and data protection law. It will focus primarily on developments since 2019.
- The concepts of privacy and personal data protection
- Balancing personal data protection with the freedom of expression and the right to information
- Legal details of consent and their practical implications
- Fair balance between copyright and data protection
- DNA collection for the purposes of law enforcement and the right to data protection
- Invalidation of Privacy Shield and the use of standard contractual clauses for international data transfers
- Confidentiality of electronic communications, obligations relating to the retention of traffic and location data