We are pleased to announce the 17th EuroVR International Conference - EuroVR 2020 - planned on 25-27 November 2020 in Valencia, Spain. This conference follows a series of successful European VR/AR conferences taking place since 2004 and known as INTUITION, JVRC and recently EuroVR (Bremen 2014, Lecco 2015, Athens 2016, Laval 2017, London 2018, and Tallinn 2019). The Immersive Neurotechnologies Lab (LabLENI) of the Polytechnic University of Valencia (UPV), Spain, is organizing the 2020 edition of this /> EuroVR 2020 will bring together people from research, industry, and commerce. Its attendees include technology developers, suppliers, and all those interested in Virtual Reality (VR), Mixed Reality (MR), including Augmented Virtuality (AV) and Augmented Reality (AR), and more generally 3D user interfaces.
TYPES OF CONTRIBUTIONS
As the past year, all contributions are organized in three main tracks, for some divided in two categories as follow.
1) Scientific track submissions can be:
a) Full papers – either Long (14-20 pages) or Medium (8-12 pages) sizing - to be presented respectively as long or short talks during the scientific talk sessions: such submissions target original, unpublished papers documenting new research contributions, practices and experience, novel applications in VR or AV/AR/MR, or sound States of the Arts on challenging research questions in that /> b) Short papers (4-6 pages) to be presented during the scientific poster sessions: such submissions targets work in progress or other scientific contributions including ideas for unimplemented and/or unusual VR or AV/AR/MR systems.
All scientific paper submissions are in the one column Springer format, and indicated paper lengths do not include references. The Scientific Program chairs will be in charge to select the accepted contributions of the both above categories, thanks to a double blind peer reviewing process among an International Program Committee (IPC). All accepted scientific papers will be published with the sizing (Long/Medium or Short) corresponding to their category in the Scientific proceedings of EuroVR 2020, edited by Springer as a volume of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series. For your convenience, indexing information of LNCS series is available on this Springer webpage.
2) Application track contributions can be:
a) Application talk (2-4 pages abstract): best practices, practical use cases of VR or AV/AR/MR, project results of applications using such technologies in industry and other sectors, actual or potential transfers of academic results, and position /> b) Application poster (2-4 pages abstract): recently completed VR or AV/AR/MR applied work, application in progress, or unusual /> For this track, the Application Program chairs will manage the full review/acceptation process of two types of contributions (Application talk vs. Application poster).
3) Demo & Exhibition track (2-4 pages abstract): live demonstrations of past and on-going projects. Technology developers and suppliers, exhibitors, digital artists, and members of the commercial VR or AV/AR/MR communities are all invited to exhibit and demonstrate the latest technologies and /> For this track, the Demo & Exhibition chairs will manage the full review/acceptation process of this type of contributions.
Moreover, we highly encourage all authors submitting any kind of contribution to categories , , or , to also submit a live demonstration and so a related abstract to this Demo & Exhibition /> All accepted abstracts for Application track and Demo & Exhibition track will be published in the Application proceedings of EuroVR 2020 as an ISBN-registered volume edited by VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd.
For the Scientific track, contributions deadlines are:
- Full Paper submissions (Scientific talks): July 19, 2020
- Short Paper submissions (Scientific posters): July 26, 2020
- Notifications to the authors for all Scientific submissions: September 6, 2020
- Camera-ready for all Scientific contributions: September 16, 2020
For the Application track and the Demo & Exhibition track, contributions deadlines are:
- Short abstract submissions for all related categories: September 7, 2020
- Notification to authors for all related categories: October 2, 2020
- Camera-ready for all related categories: October 9, 2020
Visit the official website:
25 Nov 2020 @ 12:00 am
27 Nov 2020 @ 12:01 am
Duration: 2 days