This year, the Experts’ Forum of the European State Aid Law Institute (EStALI) takes place for the tenth time. Since 2003, this event has become known as the EStALI spring conference which is the leading annual event in the area of State aid control.
The jubilee event features the following currently hotly debated issues:
• The State Aid Modernisation Initiative • Financial Services under the Scrutiny of EU State Aid Rules in the Context of the Sovereign Debt Crisis •The Notion of Aid in Fiscal Cases • The Overhaul of the Regional Aid Guidelines and the Implementation of Economic Analysis • Round Table of the National Judiciaries
As in the previous years, Joaquín ALMUNIA, Vice-President of the European Commission, will deliver the keynote speech. Furthermore, we expect senior representatives from both the EU and national courts, from the European Commission as well as from the world of finance and academia, private legal and economic practice.
Last but not least, those who are interested in a more intensive examination of
• the New Economic Approach in State Aid Cases – The Role of Economic Analysis and • the Notion of State Aid
should not miss the workshop preceding the conference on 6 June. Since the number of attendees is limited do 25 and speakers will stay for the whole day this event is the perfect format to gain a deeper insight into the topics and to raise all possible issues and discuss them thoroughly.
• EC competition lawyers working at a competition authority – in-house or in private practice
• private legal practitioners
• industry representatives with an interest in law and economics