We would like to invite you all to participate in the forthcoming "International Conference on Organic Agriculture in Scope of Environmental Problems" to be held in Famagusta on the island of Cyprus between 03-07 February 2010.
Organic agriculture is practiced world-wide and displays an increasing trend both in developed and developing countries. In order to provide a steady and sustainable development, organic management systems should address environmental issues that gain increasing importance as the trade becomes more globalized. The conference aims to discuss the following aspects besides those that are currently under consideration or that may be further raised.
* Why organic agriculture, for advanced quality and safety of food, to save our environment and our old planet, or to increase welfare of all the actors?
* How can organic food and non-food production cope with the increasing environmental problems at regional, national or world level?
* How does behaviour of an organic consumer differ from a conventional one?
* What are the tools to raise consumer awareness?
* Does current marketing of organic products address environmental concerns more than the conventional?
* Role of guarantee systems?
* Which institutions will continue supporting and promoting organic products?
* Which countries will prefer to adopt policies to support and apply ecological methods?
* What are their uses and disadvantages?